Rifts® Ultimate Edition is a completely rewritten and updated version of the original game played and enjoyed by an estimated 1.5 million gamers.
Not exactly a Second Edition, because most of the rules remain unchanged, Rifts® Ultimate Edition is expanded and improved. There is more world information, tips on how to use the time-line and World Books, rewrites on O.C.C.s, and in some cases, expansions of and more details on O.C.C.s such as the Headhunter, Mercenaries, the Techno-Wizard and Shifter, as well as a few new O.C.C.s. Our goal was to make Rifts® more exciting and compelling than ever, while at the same time making the rules better organized, clearer and easier to use. The wonder and infinite possibilities of Rifts® all brought to pulse-pounding life like never before. Of course, there are a few fun changes and additions, but nothing so dramatic as to make the 40+ available sourcebooks obsolete.
- Approximately 30 unique Occupational and Racial Character Classes, including Cyber-Knights, cyborgs, Glitter Boys, Psi-Stalkers, Dog Boys (mutant humanoid dogs), Juicers, Crazies, Techno-Wizards, Ley Line Walkers, Mystics, Shifters, Elemental Fusionists, Mind Melters, and many others.
- Supernatural and magical creatures, like dragons, available as player characters, others are horrifying menaces from the Rifts.
- Bionics and cybernetics offer a vast range of mechanical augmentation, meanwhile chemical enhancement (Juicers) and brain implants (Crazies) can turn a human into a superman, though with tragic results.
- Psychic powers are the source of the Burster, Mind Melter and Mystic's abilities.
- Strange forms of magic are at the command of characters like the Ley Line Walker, Shifter, Elemental Fusionist, Rifter and Techno-Wizard (who combines magic and technology).
- Super-technology with Mega-Damage™ body armor, energy weapons, rail guns, power armor, and human augmentation.
- The Coalition States. Humankind's salvation, or its own worst nightmare?
- Character sheets.
- Cover by Scott Johnson.
- Color end sheets by John Zeleznik.
- New artwork and color pages throughout.
- Written and created by Kevin Siembieda.
- 376 pages, including color sections.